Your whole closet doesn’t need a name brand.
There are some stuff that should be a steal(figuratively!) and some you should splurge on.
Here are my top picks for the splurging.
- Black coat, i live in New York. So its more cold weather than warm weather and black coat goes with every outfit.
- Pants not denim! Pants give you so much more moving space, and since its not skintight; it gives an illusion of thinner legs. So if you don’t feel like wearing pants or want to look more put together, always reach for the pants.
- Medium sized bag, small bags are cute and convinient for going out but chances are you’ll be going to work/school from 9-5, 5 days a week. So get a bag that can hold those extra pair of shoes and laptop!
- Wallet, are you past your teen years? Yes? Get yourself a real wallet.
- Black Flats, GOES WITH EVERYTHING! (Summer Edition)
- Black boots, GOES WITH EVERYTHING! (Winter Edition)
- Jewelries, you can look like you put more effort with this simple little trick!
- The first step to all skincare is cleansing, its very important that you have a clean canvas for the rest of your skincare to go on. You don’t want to be mixing dirt and makeup with your skincare, its will have an inverse effect and clog your pores.
- A Clay Mask! Let me emphasize on the word clay. If you have oily acne prone skin then using a a clay mask 2 times a week will do your skin wonders.
- You can fight oil with oil. Really! A serum is much more power-full than a moisturizer.
- You can’t use your moisturizer as a eye cream, it doesn’t work that way. Your day eye cream should have SPF in it, and your night cream should have Retinol. Try to find a day eye cream doesn’t contain Retinol, unless you plan to layer on sunscreen under your eyes!
- I use sleeping mask twice a week. And its on nights that i use my rescue mask.